Monday, July 29, 2019

Sunburst Floral Card

It's time... time to get back to a couple of challenges. 

This card is based on a card I found on Pinterest because when I saw it, I loved it! The original creator of the design that I found was Melodie Viljoen. I loved the sunburst with the wreath around the main circle. 

I used a template from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge for the sunburst and adjusted it to fit the size of my card. The wreath was created using the Flower Market Cricut cartridge. The papers for the sunburst are from the CTMH Mix-in paper pack. I chose the colours that I did because I am entering the Three Amigos challenge and it was the colours from their mood board (shown below) that inspired my choice of colours for this card. I splattered two colours of paint on the sunburst part to add some interest. 

The flowers were stamped, coloured and die cut. The main flower was brushed with a clear shimmer brush to add some sparkle. A bit of foam tape and some coloured gems finished off the card. 


This close-up shows the shimmer on the main flower. 


This is the mood board for the Three Amigos challenge.

It saddens me that this is the last challenge at Three Amigos - it ends on July 31. So sorry to see good things come to a close, but the three ladies there have done a fabulous job with that challenge! 

I am also entering this card in the Double Trouble challenge - all three components: 


Thing 1: Something, Anything and Everything (use your stuff) 
Thing 2: Link up with any previous challenge with which DT has paired previously 
               (I chose Three Amigos)
Thing 3: Create something with sun (I used a sunburst) 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-in Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Almond Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Floral Delivery, Wordfetti
Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Flower Market Cartridge, Watercolour Paints, Waterbrush, Touch Markers (some CTMH), Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Clear Sparkles 

Enjoy,
Alyson


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunburst and love the splattering on the rays and pretty design papers used on the rays and background...great combination. Beautiful flowers and coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and glad you joined in the Inspiration Photo at the Three Amigos...good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Alyson! The beautifully colored flowers and leaves are perfectly featured by the patterned papers and the spatter. I also like the addition of the twig wreath. You have inspired me to create something beautiful. Thank you for joining the challenge fun at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Alyson! I love how you used that sunburst background! I always go to the standard yellow and sun, but I absolutely love it in pink... I have to remember this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you so much for playing along with us over at Three Amigos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)