Monday, July 29, 2019

H2H - Borders

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 


Borders, borders, borders... they surround things, outline things, separate things. Borders are dividers of something - be it colours, patterns, even countries, provinces or states. 

"On the Border" is this week's theme - and I decided to use a set of rectangular stitched dies to create my card for this challenge. 

I selected some cardstock in rainbow colours and went to work, cutting rectangles with stitched border dies. I wanted Lemon yellow to end up in the centre so I worked backwards from that colour. I had to eliminate some colours as I only had so many rectangles... 


This card came together very quickly as there was no stamping or inking involved - simply die cutting and then gluing the pieces together. I love how the stitching along the rectangles sets each rectangle apart from the next. 

Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you use borders in your project.
You have until the end of July to enter this or any of the other July challenges. 
We can't wait to see what you create!

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Lemon Cardstock, Nectarine Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, White Daisy Cards and Envelopes (all CTMH)
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Hugs Die (Calligraphy Pop)

Enjoy,
Alyson



1 comment:

  1. Love the bright colors! This is such a fun card and would brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)