Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Birthday in Green (and Blue)

A special friend of mine is celebrating a birthday shortly and I always struggle with masculine cards. I wanted to use the new stamp and die combination set from CTMH called Share the Joy. 

I decided on a combination of shades of green with some blue for emphasis. The primary green that I used was Willow. 

The images inside the circles were each stamped, coloured and then fussy cut. I suppose with some strategic placement, they could be stamped behind the circle on a single piece of cardstock but that would take some very carefully placement. I wanted them to be raised for emphasis which is why I chose to fussy cut them instead. I added a heart as well - just because :)

The background is created from two different patterned papers and a piece of embossed cardstock. I tied two pieces of twine around the edge of the image piece and used the same twine for the tag. 


This will go in the mail tomorrow - arriving in plenty of time for his birthday. 

Products used are all CTMH unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: I Heart Us Paper Pack, Cats and Bats Paper Pack, Adventure Fundamentals, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Birthday Joy, Bunches of Joy
Inks: Black, Lagoon, Bluebird
Accessories: Basic Banners Thin Cuts, Multi-Circle Windows Thin Cut, Chevron Embossing Folder, Foam Tape, Touch Markers, Sharpie Markers, Green Twine (unknown), Blue Twine (unknown)

Enjoy,
Alyson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)