Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Birdy Splattered Birthday card

A good friend of mine has a birthday coming up shortly - and it calls for a masculine birthday card. I struggle so much with masculine cards... 

I decided to pull out the Thoughtful Bird stamp set. I love that the bird is triple stamped as it provides so much dimension. I used Smoothie ink for the first layer, Pomegranate ink for the second layer and Nutmeg ink for the top layer. In the end, Pomegranate is the most dominant colour which is really what I wanted for the colour scheme as I used papers from the Grateful Heart collection. 

Using a waterbrush and two ink pad colours just pressed down on my splatter mat, I picked up some of the ink (separately) and tapped on the brush to create the splatters in the background.


The card pattern is taken from Make It From Your Heart - Vol. 4 and came together so easily. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Grateful Heart Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Pomegranate Cardstock, White Daisy Card Base and Envelope
Stamps: Thoughtful Bird (ret.), Short and Sweet (ret.)
Inks: Toffee, Sapphire, New England Ivy, Smoothie, Pomegranate, Nutmeg (ret.)
Accessories: Thoughtful Bird Thin Cut (ret.), Waterbrush, Oval Thin Cuts, Stitched Oval Thin Cuts, Thin Foam Tape, Pomegranate Burlap Ribbon

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Bold and bright and masculine, but definitely could be feminine also...my mom would have loved this card. We had some beautiful cardinals back east...and they were one of her favorite birds seen through their dining room window at the bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)