Monday, August 27, 2018

H2H - For the Love of Crafting


Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 

The theme this week is For the Love of Crafting. It just so happens that Close To My Heart's August Stamp of the Month has the same title but you do not have to use that stamp set for this challenge. 

I chose to do something else entirely. A few months ago,  I was in the US for brief visit and I was at a stamp shop. In the back corner, there was a collection of the most hilarious stamps... I honestly laughed so hard that there were tears in my eyes and I couldn't decided which ones to purchase because there were so many great ones! The two used on the cards below are the two I finally decided to take home. A few weeks go, I was at a crop and was talking about these stamps so I went to the website and pulled up the selection. A few of us were reading them out loud and we laughed so hard that we got to the point of not being able to breathe properly because we were laughing so hard... Some of them are very amusing (but I am not sure I would actually use them on a card...)

Nonetheless, I couldn't decide which of the two sayings I wanted to use so I decided to use BOTH! The one with the bow is created using the Beautiful You paper pack and the other is created using a brand new paper pack called Boutique. I love these new papers and this shows only a sampling of a few of them, plus the new Colour of the Year - Sugarplum. 

I stamped the sayings using three ink pads each to create an ombre effect. The sentiments were then mounted on a PML card and then on cardstock. 






Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and share with us your interpretation of 
"For the Love of Crafting". 
You have until the end of August to link up with this or any of the other August challenges. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Beautiful You Paper Pack, Boutique Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Sugarplum Glitter Paper
Stamps: Feel like Failure (Two Lips Stamps), Pinterest Forgot (Two Lips Stamps)
Inks: Crystal Blue, Bluebird, Sapphire, Glacier, Peacock, Charcoal
Accessories: Oval Die (Nestabilities), Stitched Rectangle Dies (Gina Marie Designs), Silver Shimmer Trim, Friendship Bows, White Twine, Peacock Stitched Ribbon (ret.), Mini Stapler and Staples, Bashful Gems (ret.), Sugarplum Glitter Gems, Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful set of cards, and those are hilarious stamp sentiments and just what us scrappers think...CAS and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)