Thursday, August 2, 2018

Happy Birthday - Monkey Style



I had some extra time this week and decided to create a card for the current 

For this card, I pulled out the Punny Pals stamps set - one of my favourites. I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and changed the center shape to make it work better for what I had in mind. After all, a sketch is a starting point only and as long as it is recognizable in the final design, that's what counts. I used a triadic colour scheme (three colours evenly spaced around the colour wheel and that gave me orange, purple and green. I used the purple for the background, orange for the ovals and green for the leaves to surround the monkeys. Placing all these branches and leaves plus the moneys took FOREVER! I had to stamp and cut far more than I anticipated... and then cut several of them into smaller pieces to hide parts as well. I'm happy with the end product, though. 


Here is the Atlantic Hearts sketch (#275). 


The inside is also decorated in the same theme, still leaving space for my message to the recipient. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, Tangerine Cardstock, Goldrush Cardstock, Toffee Cardstock 
Stamps: Punny Pals, Short and Sweet, Chelsea Gardens - Cardmaking (ret.)
Inks: Willow, Pansy, Eggplant, Rich Cocoa Memento Ink (not CTMH)
Accessories: Punny Pals Thin Cuts, Stitched Hearts Thin Cuts, Basic Hearts Thin Cuts, Chelsea Gardens - Cardmaking Thin Cuts (ret.), Petal Palette Thinlets (SU), Woodland Branch Die (Memory Box), Oval Stitched Dies (Gina Marie Designs), ShinHan Markers, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson



4 comments:

  1. What a delightfully fun card inside and out! This card really makes me smile. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, this is so adorable. I saw this on Double Trouble earlier but when I went back this evening to do comments it was gone. Love the rich bright colors you used and the monkeys in the trees...very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. Love the little monkeys hiding in the foliage! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely precious, Alyson! I can see you put a lot of time and energy into creating it but there is no mistaking that this is original and one of a kind. I love purple-orange-green color schemes and I especially like the look you got using two tones of each. Plus, those monkeys are so darned adorable! I love how the inside of the card is a bit more CAS and graphic but makes just as much of an om pact as the front. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)