Monday, April 9, 2018

H2H - Out of this World


Welcome to another challenge at Heart 2 Heart! 

The theme this week is Out of this World! Close To My Heart has an awesome paper pack called Stargazer that is perfect for this challenge - but I didn't have a need for that particular paper pack so I didn't purchase it. Consequently, I had to think a little bit outside the box for this challenge. Astronauts, spaceships and other out of this world items weren't options for me. 

However, I have always loved the northern lights. They way they can light up the sky and create such gorgeous patterns and appear in various colours simply amazes me. There is a technique to create this effect on cards. I found a great tutorial on You Tube and used that. I have to credit the artist whose card I pretty well copied - her name is Debbie Henderson and the link to her video is here. I loved how she added the trees and I happened to have the same stamp... It added so much more to the card. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your Out of this World projects! 
You have until the end of April to link up your creations. 
Be sure to use at least some Close To My Heart products in your artwork. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock
Stamps: Inspired Words, Lovely as a Tree (Stampin Up)
Inks: Pansy, Raspberry, Lagoon, Tangerine, Fern, Pacifica, Charcoal, Black, Versamark
Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, White Gel Pen (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)