Friday, February 9, 2018

Colour Dare 279 - Birthday Flower Card


Welcome to another Colour Dare challenge! 

This week, we are challenging you to use the Primary colours - but specific shades of them. They are Pacifica, Cranberry and Canary. Of course, you can always add Black and White and gold is optional but no other colours, please. 

I chose to focus on the blues and yellows with very little red. The black and white were extras but I needed them because using two colours is very difficult, especially when working with multiple layers. 

I cut my flower using my Cricut and then stamped a design on both layers using Canary ink. That's hard to see in the original photo so there is a close-up photo of just the flower further down. I coloured some clear sparkles to create a ring in the centre. The black glitter paper was wrapped with red twine. I always use a small hole punch to keep my twine in place even though I secure it on the back. By punching a half circle in the edge of the paper where the twine will sit, it keeps it in place and no-one ever sees those tiny little half circles because the twine rests perfectly there and it won't slide around :)

I used a Hostess Reward stamp set to stamp the background on the flowers and also to stamp the lines on the tags (which are also Cricut cuts). The birthday greeting is from an old campaign stamp - I also used it to finish the inside of the card. 




This is the inside of the card. 


Here is the close-up of the stamped flower. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use this colour combination! You have two weeks to link up your project as the due date is Thursday, February 22 at 10pm EST

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Adventure Fundamentals, Whimsy Fundamentals, White Daisy Cardstock, Pacifica Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Black Glitter Paper
Stamps: Background Essentials, Happy Everything (ret.)
Inks: Pacifica, Canary
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Clear Sparkles, ShinHan Markers, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Red Twine (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson




4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love your flower with the ring of blue gems that you colored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the combinations of blue in the background and the yellow flower really pops. Thanks for sharing how you use a half circle to hold a ribbon in place...I'll have to remember to use that in future cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Alyson! I love all the "extra touches" you've added with stamping flowers and tags and the gems in the flower center. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be late with my comment. (I am finally catching on to this thing called Design Team!) As usual, your card is perfection, Alyson. The texture on the background panels adds depth, the flower is bold and beautiful and those striped tags are just the right touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)