Monday, February 26, 2018

Heart 2 Heart - My Favourite Papers with Lots of Layers


Welcome back to another challenge at Heart 2 Heart! 
This week, the title of the challenge is "Everything except the kitchen sink". That can be interpreted in several ways... it can be a kitchen or cooking theme, it can be a very busy card with lots of layers or embellishments or both, or it can be something else that you can justify, as long as you let us know. Make sure you explain in your comments, though, and don't leave us wondering! 

I chose to create a card with several layers and some embellishments - and I chose to use my favourite current papers - Chelsea Gardens. 

Counting the layers (excluding the foam tape), I came up with 19 in total. The ribbon counts for two layers because the bow is attached separately. I didn't count stamping or colouring as layers, nor the shimmer brush. If those are added, that makes 22 layers. 


I chose not to put a sentiment on this card - partly because it was already very busy - and I can always add it on the inside later. The second photo shows the gold shimmer on the flowers -it really is spectacular in person. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret "Everything except the kitchen sink". This challenge ONLY runs until March 3rd. All other February challenges close on February 28th. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Chelsea Gardens Scrapbooking
Inks: Charcoal, Lagoon, Glacier
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Gold Glitter Gems, ShinHan Marker, Chelsea Gardens Dots and Gems, Gold Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Chelsea Gardens Thin Cuts, Whimsy Ribbon Pack

Enjoy,
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful and all that layering you know I love that. Not too busy for me, just didn't have a space for the sentiment and that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)