Saturday, January 13, 2018

Two More Masculine Birthday Cards

So many of the birthdays that are coming up for me require masculine cards... I decided to pull out the Thoughtful Bird stamp set and try out some triple stamping. That is always good for a challenge!

Thanks to a fellow consultant (Carrie Simonds) for providing a fabulous colour scheme to stamp this bird! It is always so hard to know where to start. 
For the three layers, I used: 
1. Smoothie
2. Ruby - stamped twice
3. Nutmeg
It gives such a wonderful mix of colours for the final effect. 
I stamped the beak and the feet AFTER I used the Thin Cut to cut out the bird. It was easier to place the feet, knowing where they would be stamped rather than trying to guess before the bird was cut out. 


The second card is one that I did a couple of weeks ago but in a different colour scheme. I used greys this time instead of browns, along with the greens. I like both of them and would definitely consider this style of card again. The pattern was taken from Make It From Your Heart - Vol. 4. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Bird Card
Paper: Basic Fundamentals, White Cardstock, Fern Cardstock
Stamps: Thoughtful Bird, Framed (ret.)
Inks: Espresso, Fern, Smoothie, Ruby, Nutmeg, Saffron
Accessories: Thoughtful Bird Thin Cut, Foam Tape, Fern Twine (ret.), Brown Twine (not CTMH), Green Triangle Enamel and Glitter Gems (ret.)

Deer Card
Paper: Basic Fundamentals, Linen Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock
Stamps: Nature's Wish, Springtime Wishes (ret.)
Inks: Charcoal, New England Ivy, Fern
Accessories: Fern Twine (ret.), Enchantment Ribbon Collection (ret. - last year), Foam Tape, Springtime Wishes Thin Cuts (ret.), Stitch Guide (not CTMH), Piercing Tool, Watercolour Pencils, Blending Pen (ret.)

Enjoy,
Alyson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)