Friday, November 10, 2017

Colour Dare 269 - Flowering Christmas Tree


Welcome to another Colour Dare challenge. It's a beautiful combination of colours this week - perfect for a flowering Christmas Tree! 

I decided to pull out a die that I haven't used for a few years. I paired it with a retired embossing folder that sort of looks like snow falling in the background. I cut the die twice - once in Glacier (blue) and the second time in Bashful (pink). I cut out the flowers from the second one and placed them on top of the first cut. I had a hard time with the Toffee colour in this combination but decided to colour some Bitty Sparkles in that colour and add them to the centre of the flowers. All of it was matted on a couple of rectangular mats and it was an easy to create card. 



Join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use this colour combination to create a project. You have two weeks to link up your project as the closing date for entries is Thursday, November 23 at 10pm EST. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Bashful Cardstock
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Flowering Christmas Tree Die (Memory Box), Bitty Sparkles, ShinHan Marker, Cascading Dots Embossing Folder (ret.)

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the simplicity of your card, so fun with the flowering tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so strange how I can almost always know a card that you have made...you have an Alyson style. Love the embossed background and how you used that flair for your flowered tree....beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)