Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Sweet Memory Layout

On November 13, I lost my precious mother to a massive stroke. It has been extremely difficult for me the last few weeks and I find myself reaching for the phone more often than I care to think about as I am used to speaking with her on a daily basis. That habit will be very difficult to break for me. 

Last week, I visited a friend in the US and it was a welcome change to get away for a while. That trip had been planned prior to my mom's passing and I hesitated going but I am so glad that I went after all as it was such a nice break to get away from the stresses here at home. A three day scrapbook retreat was part of that trip and it gave me a chance to create the layout below. It was hard for me to do and it took a lot of time but it is something that I believe has helped in my healing process. 

The photo was taken when my mom was a teenager and she was a bridesmaid for one of her older sisters. I love the picture as I think she is just gorgeous. I chose the retired paper pack Happy Times. The pattern on the blue paper did not show up as that is what was used except for the outside piece. The journaling stamp came from a lady at the retreat and I can't recall the name of the stamp... My intention was to keep this layout relatively simple. 

There are a couple of detailed photos underneath to show some close up views. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Happy Times Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Gold Cardstock (not CTMH) 
Stamps: Happy Times, Unknown (journal box) 
Inks: Canary, Glacier, Whisper
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Florence Sequins (ret.) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL layout, Alyson and a wonderful tribute to your Mom. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on facebook, elegant...the yellow and glacier contrast is beautiful. You should frame this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)