Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Atlantic Hearts 190 - Hi Friend

The sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts is one with which I took quite a bit of liberty... The original sketch is horizontal and I chose to do a vertical card. I also chose not to use the circles within the sketch but to create a single circle within the centre and my border along the side is in layers. That is somewhat difficult to see as there are a lot of patterns happening but that was my intention as I wanted the wreath to be the focus. A sketch is a springboard for interpretation - and the last several weeks, I have been following the sketches very closely. This week, I decided to step out of the norm and do something kind of different. 

Also, with Christmas so close, my cards are finished so I wanted to create a card that was not Christmas-related. A lot of people would argue that the Oh Deer! paper pack is for Christmas. I disagree. I think this paper pack is perfect for MANY occasions and I love it! 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Oh Deer! Paper Pack, What Daisy Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock
Stamps: Wreath, Hi Friend
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Juniper
Accessories: Wreath Thin Cuts, Oh Deer! Assortment, White and Gold Twine, Foam Tape, ShinHan Markers

Enjoy, 
Alyson



1 comment:

  1. Love your combination of papers in the background from Oh Deer...Your step out of the box is very creative...great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)