Saturday, December 17, 2016

Cricut Card - It's Your Day

With some time to play around, I decided to create a card using some of the Basic Fundamental papers and some floral images from the Flower Market Cartridge. I tried various wreaths before I finally settled on the one that you see on the card. It just looked like the best one that fit.

The colour scheme was one that I really had to think about carefully. The flowers are cherry blossoms so I did want to keep them to a pink colour scheme. For the background, I wanted to use the embossed woodgrain paper from the Basic collection. I didn't want to add a lot of additional colours so that meant choosing one other colour. Sea Glass also had the option of glitter paper so with that in mind, I decided to cut the wreath using the glitter paper to add some additional interest to my card. Since the vellum was the background, it had to be set on a coloured background to show the pattern. 

So, here is the final product. With a lot of birthdays coming up in January, this will be used for one of them for sure. 



Since the shimmer pen doesn't show up very well in photographs, here is close up to show that it IS indeed used on the flowers! 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Basic Fundamentals - Uptown, Basic Fundamentals - Rustic Home, Sea Glass Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Blossom Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Sea Glass Glitter Paper
Stamps: Flower Market Cricut Collection
Inks: Juniper
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Clear Sparkles Assortment (ret.), Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Pen, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson



1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)