Monday, November 7, 2016

Heart 2 Heart - Non-Traditional Christmas Colours

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to create something for Christmas without using red or green.This is EXACTLY what I love! I choose to decorate my own home in non-traditional Christmas colours for the season - I don't use red and green. It's not because I don't love those colours but I would rather be different and go with something out of the ordinary. 

For this challenge, I decided to create a card using silver and purple. It is a very clean and simple card. I just cut a front panel and temporarily adhered the branch and ornaments for placement so I could stamp the hanging wires. I learned from experience that stamping needs to be done PRIOR to embossing because it is hard to stamp over raised images! After the stamping was completed, the cut images were removed and the stamped panel was run through my Cuttlebug to be embossed. Then the Circuit cut images were put back in place. So simple to do but I love the effect. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and share with us your non-traditional Christmas coloured project. You have until the end of November to link up this challenge and any other November challenge. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Slate Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Silver Glitter Cardstock
Stamps: Adornable (ret.)
Inks: Slate
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Snowflake Embossing Folder, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson


SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, how pretty and sparkly...love the ornaments hanging from the branch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)