Monday, November 21, 2016

H2H - Anything BUT a Card!

The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is to create anything except a card. Since I am such an avid card maker, I had to think abut this... 
I considered creating a layout, and then I thought about something that I have wanted to do for a while now. Since I struggle with depression, it is often difficult to see the positive things in my life each day. If I have something tangible to keep my mind focused on this each day, it makes it a lot easier to keep those positive things in mind. 
This box will help to serve that purpose. Each day, my goal is to add at least one thing that makes me happy. When I am feeling down or need a pick-me-up, I can look inside and see all the things I have added. That's why the title says "happy" and there are hearts because it is to represent the things that bring me joy. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your creation that is "Anything BUT a Card"! You have until the end of November to enter this or any of the November challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Whimsy Fundamentals
Stamps: none
Inks: Lagoon
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Card Box (ret.), Teal Shimmer Trim (ret.), Good Life Complements

Enjoy, 
Alyson



SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Alyson, what a wonderful little box and I love what you plan to do with it! It's nice to stop and remember those things that are important to us and make us happy. Depression is a tough road and this is a wonderful distraction to take you away from it. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Happy" box beautiful and such a wonderful idea. I hope you have lots of happy thoughts to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to make a couple boxes, this is very pretty. Can you share a tutorial on this? Or what Cricut Cut it is? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)