Saturday, November 19, 2016

Just a Note...

I haven't been doing much creating the past few weeks. My Design Team work and blog hop artwork are fortunately ahead of schedule and those are the only posts coming up on my blog for the time being. 

My mother was quite ill for a while and just under two weeks ago, she suffered a massive stroke that rendered her unable to function. My brother and I had to make the difficult decision to remove her from life support as per her wishes and she passed away last Sunday (November 13th). It is the most difficult thing I have ever experienced as she was truly my best friend.

This layout is one that I created several years ago. It is one of my favourites of my mom and me as I have so few photos of her in her later years.


I find myself reaching for the phone several times a day to call her as I am used to talking to her every day... I miss her terribly and I know that each coming day will get easier but it is so very difficult right now. 

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Oh Alyson! I am so deeply sorry on the loss of your dear mother. May God wrap you in his loving embrace and bring you comfort. Hugs and prayers sent your way.
    The layout is just beautiful and will truly be a cherished memory for you. That's what scrapbooking is all about... to display those memories in a tangible way that can be passed down the family tree for future generations.
    Take care of yourself and give it time to heal... your blog and fans can wait as you work through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson I am so sorry for your loss and your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson
    Your beautiful layout of your mom will bring many cherished memories. I hope that you are doing well, take care my friend,

    <3 Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous layout and great memories...another one that should be framed. Great photo of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)