Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Atlantic Hearts 182 - Count your Blessings

This week's challenge at Atlantic Hearts provided me with a challenge for a card that I had a lot of fun creating. It took some time as I used the emboss resist technique. That involved stamping images using Versamark ink and then heat embossing them using clear embossing powder. The images then resist ink or paint. I chose to use inks on mine so I could blend the colours.

Using the Lovely Leaves stamp set, I stamped various leaf images on White Daisy cardstock (I created the shape in Design Space first by welding a rectangle and a border together to get what I wanted). Then I used six colours of ink to blend together... Canary, Saffron, Sorbet, Goldrush,  Cranberry and Fern. It is hard to see all of the colours but they are all in there! 

The individual leaves are colour blended using ShinHan markers and cut out by hand as I didn't want the white edge that I would have had by using the Thin Cuts. A strip of Black Glitter paper, some sequins, a bit of ribbon, and I love the final result! Such a perfect card for the autumn season in Ontario! 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Enchantment Fundamentals (Pomegranate), Black Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Glitter Paper
Stamps: With You, Springtime Wishes (ret.) Lovely Leaves
Inks: Canary, Saffron, Sorbet, Goldrush, Cranberry, Fern, Pomegranate, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Uptown Ribbon Pack, Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape, ShinHan Markers, Magical Sequins (ret.), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Daubers

Enjoy, 
Alyson


4 comments:

  1. I really like the resist technique with the leaves. I've been wanting to teach this in a class, but couldn't decide which stamp set to use and I think you just solved that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Alyson! :) I've had this stamp set in hand for a while...and it's time to create with it! :) Love the emboss resist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Fall Card Alyson.
    Thanks for sharing the resist technique, I cant wait to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this card...the colors, the personalized stamped and colored background with the polka-dots behind it, the die-cuts used on your focal point panel and background panels, embellishments ...everything....beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)