Monday, October 10, 2016

H2H - Perfect 10

This week at Heart 2 Heart, the theme is "Perfect 10". The thoughts that come to mind when I think of Perfect 10 are perfect routines in athletic competitions, beauty pageant contestants and something to do with mathematics and perfect number combinations. 

I decided to do a completely different "take" on this challenge. I went with a card that used 10 in two different ways: 
1. There are TEN layers on this card
2. I used TEN paper crafting techniques

My original intention was to use 10 products but that was tough to add in with the above challenges, so it didn't happen. However, there are some additional "10s" on this card as well as the ones above... 

First, let me show you the card and if you want to guess before reading below, you can have that chance. 


Ten Layers
1. White Daisy Cardstock
2. Whisper B&T (embossed)
3. Poppy B&T
4. Peacock B&T
5. Whisper B&T (stamping doesn't count as it doesn't add any thickness)
6. Black Cardstock wreath 
7. Saffron B&T Cricut cut leaves
8/9. Glacier B&T Cricut cut flowers (2 layers)
10. Blue Enamel Gem embellishment

Ten Techniques
Some of these may seem simple but for many individuals who have not created before, remember that these may be brand new to them or these may be techniques that you have completed forgotten about as time has passed! Some are things you may do daily but forget that they are actually "techniques"! I haven't ink distressed or edge distressed in ages...
1. dry embossing
2. edge distressing
3. cutting using a Cricut
4. ink distressing
5. spritzing using a spray pen and re-inker mixture
6. shadow stamping the sentiment
7. sanding to bring out the white core (on embossed piece)
8. stamping sentiment in 2 colours
9. hand shaping the flowers and leaves to add dimension
10. clustering embellishments

On the Peacock piece, on 3 sides, there are TEN points showing (I had to hide some of the bottom side so I couldn't make that work on that side...)
If you look closely, there are TEN sections of the black wreath showing (I had to work hard to make that happen!)

That's all the TENsion I can take about this card. 

Join us at Heart 2 Heart this week and show us your Perfect 10 creation! You have until the end of October to enter this or any of the October challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Swan Lake Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: Finding the Words
Inks: Poppy, Peacock, Slate
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Confetti Embossing Folder, Sanding Kit, Blue Dot Enamel and Glitter Duos, Thin Foam Tape, Whisper Reinker, Spray Pen, Edge Distresser

Enjoy, 
Alyson




SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. You and I were thinking alike about the layers; but you beat me to it. You know me I love layers...and great that you combined them with different techniques. Beautiful and bright card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)