Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cut Above Christmas Cards- with a Slight Twist

I finally decided to pull out my package of Cut Above Christmas Cards and see what I could do with them. I wanted to stay true to what was provided in the package and not add anything else to what was actually given AND use only one colour of ink plus the suggested stamp set. That meant trying to stay true to the original card without changing up too much of what was already there. 

The suggestion in the package was to use Ruby ink but I found Cranberry was a much better colour match. 

I ended up with 5 vertical and 5 horizontal cards: I used all of the twine but not the same length on each card. I did keep to the sparkle on the reindeer's nose on each card... I also did not raise the sentiment piece on every card - I found that there was simply not enough of the foam tape to do that - I cut each square into two pieces and used 4 pieces on each raised sentiment to keep it from falling in. 

I really wanted to use the scallop stamp from the stamp set but I found it SO difficult to line up no matter how many times I tried. I ended up completely ruining one of the sentiment pieces and had to turn it over and create my own background from an older stamp set as you can see in the top photo. I did manage to get it reasonably lined up on one card. 

This is a great kit for the quick creation of 10 Christmas cards for anyone - beginner, intermediate or advanced - who wants to create his/her own cards. Now I want to try the other set!



Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Cut Above Christmas Card Kit
Stamps: Merriest Christmas
Inks: Cranberry, New England Ivy (only because I messed up)
Accessories: none - all were included in the kit! 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)