Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 83 - Noel Card

I love this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts. However, for my own reasons, it presented me with my own set of challenges, only because I just wasn't thinking clearly as I was creating this card.
To start with, I had the front of the card all adhered together and I realized that something just didn't look right to me... Being a trained musician, it didn't take long for me to realize that the music piece was upside down. The average person wouldn't even notice but I noticed and I knew that it would drive me crazy so I had to remove that and cut it properly.
Second, after I had stamped the horn and coloured it in, I realized that I had stamped it upside down! Now, how (again as a musician) did I manage to do that??? I noticed that after I had coloured the ribbon and the bow was upside down. I was not having a good day. The solution? Cut it out along with the sentiment and remount them on another sheet of cardstock - and they look just fine :) I chalk it up to being tired and just not paying attention to what I was doing... we all have those kinds of days...

So, here is the sketch and my card - the card that took me MUCH longer to create that it should have!



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Yuletide Carol Paper Pack, New England Ivy Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Olive Cardstock
Stamps: Yuletide Greetings
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, New England Ivy Pigment Ink
Accessories: ShinHan Markers, Foam Tape, Yuletide Carol Assortment, Green Ribbon (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I think your card turned out lovely Alyson! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, we all get days like that, Alyson. Still, your card is very nicely done. I love this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)