Friday, February 28, 2014

March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - "Happy Place"


Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring March's SOTM, "Happy Place", a set of 7 stamps.  If you have come here from Beth's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. A complete list of bloggers can be found here.  
This month we have just over 50 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and fabulous Close To My Heart products on their blogs. Just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!

Here is a picture of the images in this stamp set. 

I have to say that I have not been a big fan of washi tape so I decided that for this month's hop, I would force myself to use this product. I created two cards for this blog hop - the first, using the Skylark Paper Pack. The card is based on an older Cardabilities sketch, which is shown under the card. 


The second card is my own design and uses a LOT of washi tape. I used it to create the polka dot design on the background shape, and then to create all the arrows behind the design as well. The washi tape is actually growing on me now! 


Supplies listed are for both cards: 
Paper: Skylark Paper Pack (includes specialty cardstock available only with that paper pack), Kraft Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock
Stamps: Happy Place
Inks: Lagoon, Desert Sand Pigment Ink, Lagoon Pigment Ink, Honey Pigment Ink, Black Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Skylark Assortment, Scallop Border Punch, Corner Rounder, Aqua Dots, Clear Sparkles, Foam Tape, Honey Triangle Washi Tape, Lagoon Houndstooth Washi Tape, Slate Polka-Dot Washi Tape, Neutral Metallic Baker's Twine, Copic Markers (not CTMH)


 Now "hop" on over to Sheila's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the March SOTM is only available until the last day of March! 
Click here to see how you can get this stamp set for 
just $5 this month! 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

5 comments:

  1. I like your cluster of embellishments with the green doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the card following the sketch, it really looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, Cute, Cute! Love the first card, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat cards - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)