Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Noel Card - Avonlea Teal and Silver

It's another non-traditional Christmas card! I found this one on Pinterest and fell in love with the design. I immediately thought of the tree from last year's Holiday Wishes stamp set. This is the first time I have tried embossing origami paper... it embosses very easily but the hard part is cutting it to size and handling it afterwards. It is SO thin and requires a lot of care so it doesn't get damaged. 
Avonlea Teal is my favourite colour at the moment and the closest ink colour match I can find is Twilight. I used our Pigment ink and then stamped over it with Versamark to make sure it would accept lots of embossing powder mixed with glitter. That's hard to see in the photograph. 
This could be one of my favourite Christmas cards to date. 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Avonlea Teal Cardstock, Silver Origami Paper (not CTMH)
Stamps: Holiday Wishes (ret.), Christmas Love
Inks: Twilight Pigment Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Prisma Glitter, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Silver Shimmer Trim, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Heat Tool, Teal Ribbon (not CTMH)


3 comments:

  1. Very elegant! I see what you mean with the silver paper...it looks so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Alyson. I'm loving my new pigment pads and must get this stamp set out for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful color combination!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)