Monday, July 27, 2020

H2H - Colour Challenge with a Hummingbird

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 


It's all about colour this week - specifically Peacock, Sage, Glacier and Saffron. If you don't have those specific colours, use the closest matches possible but be sure to include some Close To My Heart products in your project. 

Here are some projects using the colours listed above. 


I have been experimenting with the Borgello technique - sponging shades of colour beside each other and then turning the paper to cut it into strips. The strips are then adhered intentionally misaligned. The effect is so cool. I used Sage, Glacier and Peacock inks to create my background. I added a stitched rectangle cut from Peacock cardstock to the outside of the card. 

I stamped and die cut some flowers and a hummingbird. They were coloured - Saffron for the flowers and a combination of the other three colours for the hummingbird. I added some old gems to each of the flower centres and die cut the sentiment using Peacock cardstock. The last step was to brush the flowers wth the Clear Shimmer Brush. 



Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you use the colour palette shown above. 
You have until the end of July to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock 
Stamps: Hummingbird Thanks (PPP), Wild Rose (PPP)
Inks: Peacock, Sage, Glacier, Intense Black 
Accessories: Wild Rose Dies (PPP), Hummingbird Thanks (PPP), Hello Sunshine (Creative Expressions), Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, ShinHan Markers (not CTMH), Blue Gems, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Card! I love that background technique and have started to play with it myself. Love how you colored to flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)