Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Experimenting with Alcohol Inks...

I recently purchased some alcohol inks because I love the look of the backgrounds that I have seen created using this medium. It is still a very new experience for me but I am learning...

These cards are the result of two sheets of backgrounds that were created. All the cards are based on ideas I found on Pinterest - such a great place for inspiration. 

The turquoise background was created using two inks - a light and a dark turquoise colour. I used my Cricut to create both the letters and the flowers. One is a (sort-of) Eclipse card where the letters are raised. I didn't want the extra letters to go unused so I applied them to another card. 





The second background was created using pink and blue inks. The black stamping (with Staz-On) wasn't as dark as I had anticipated... maybe I will try something else next time. 



Here's to more practice! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes, Glossy Cardstock
Stamps: Birthday Joy, Every Little Thing Scrapbooking, Growing Through It, Greetings Mix 1 (SSS)
Inks: Bluebird, Peacock, Lagoon, Versamark, Black Staz-On, Various Alcohol Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Artistry Cricut Cartridge, Base Camp Cricut Cartridge, Hello Die (PPP), Spellbinders Leaves Dies, Rose Wonder Thinlets (SU), Make Waves Shimmer Trim, Black and White Dots, Touch Markers (misc.), Tri-Blend Markers, Mint Shimmer Brush, Lagoon Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Alyson. I just bought a couple of alcohol ink pads to experiment with. In fact, one arrived just about 20 minutes ago. I'm anxious to try them. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, your alcohol ink backgrounds are stunning! Love, love, love! It's a fun medium to play with for sure, and you achieved amazing results! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)