Thursday, December 5, 2019

Triple Fold Birthday Card

I saw this type of card on Pinterest and didn't think I would be hard to do - and it wasn't. 

I used one of many favourite paper packs - Boutique - to create this.

The base is Peacock cardstock with Sugarplum cardstock used as a thin border. All the other pieces are patterned paper from the Boutique paper pack. 

The pieces that are showing when the card is closed were the ones I wanted to be darker in colour, so I chose the floral pattern and the script. The belly band was crafted using three pieces of paper - cardstock, patterned paper and one of the zip strips on top. The sentiment was die cut using stitched rectangular dies. The flame on the candle has been brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 


Once the card is opened, the inside sections can be viewed. On the first left inside panel, I stamped Happy Birthday three times, the middle one in second generation. The stars were stamped and then brushed with the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush. On the second inside panel, I stamped a birthday sentiment along with some leaf images around the edges. There is enough room here to write a short message to the recipient. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Boutique Paper Pack, Peacock Cardstock, Sugarplum. Cardstock, Ballerina Cardstock
Stamps: Boutique Cardmaking, Birthday Greetings, Happy Birthday
Inks: Peacock, Sugarplum, Charcoal
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Documented Dots, Clear Shimmer Brush, Sugarplum Shimmer Brush, Touch Markers (not CTMH) 

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)