Monday, December 9, 2019

AH 346 - Peony in Aqua


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #346!

This is a pretty detailed sketch - and it offers lots of opportunities for interpretation as well. 


I stayed fairly true to the sketch itself but I rotated it 90 degrees. 

The Let It Snow paper collection from Kaisercraft is just gorgeous and I wanted to use it for this card. Although it is designated as winter paper, there are designs that can be used all year like the ones I selected for my card. I wanted to use aqua and silver as the focal colours. The hardwood background paper is awesome and I really wanted to add that pattern into my card. 

I stamped and coloured the flowers and leaves and then die cut them. After colouring, I used both the Mint and Clear Shimmer Brushes on all of the floral pieces. For the centre of the flower, I used Stickles to add some additional interest. The thin silver glitter strips are just the Silver Shimmer Tape cut in half. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project.
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Let It Snow Paper Collection (Kaisercraft), White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper
Stamps: Budding Peony
Inks: Lagoon, Versamark
Accessories: Budding Peony Thin Cuts, Scalloped Border Thin Cuts, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Tri-Blend Markers, Silver Shimmer Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush, Mint Shimmer Brush, Clear Sparkles, Mermaid Stickles (not CTMH), Thin Foam Tape, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)