Monday, November 12, 2018

AH 290 - Bold and Bright Fa-la-la


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch 290!

At first glance, the sketch with the flower pot made me think of a spring like card but remember, the images are simply placeholders and can be changed to whatever suits your fancy. 

I chose to rotate the image 90 degrees to create a vertical card instead of a horizontal one and the flower pot image became the birds on my card. I used some extremely bold patterns so I needed an image that was simple to balance the busy-ness in the patterns. 

Shimmer trim from some time ago matched these patterns quite well so I decided to use that to divide the patterns. I chose to use a whimsical sentiment to go with the birds. The birds were bushed with two shimmer brushes. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above.
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products are as follows:

Paper: Oh What Fun Paper Pack, Holiday Style PML Cards, Lagoon Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock (all CTMH), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Festive Trees (CTMH)
Inks: Raspberry (CTMH)
Accessories: White Pearls, Pink, White, Aqua and Teal Shimmer Trim, Clear Shimmer Brush, Mint Shimmer Brush, Scallop Border Punch (all CTMH), Stitched Ovals (GMD), Pink Twine (SU), Foam Tape (other), Teal Sharpie Marker 

Enjoy,
Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)