Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Get Well Thoughts for a Friend

A friend of mine is in need of a get well card... not exactly the kind of cards we like to create, but life goes on. 

This one was made using a beautiful die that is all one piece. It required 2 cuts - the first is the purple piece. The second is for the green leaves that were cut from the second die cut and placed on top of the purple base. The pink flowers underneath were cut to fit under the purple open flowers (and that was quite a task!) It is not able to be seen in the photo but the leaves are embossed from the die cut. 

I also added shimmer to the pink pieces of the flowers and that is shown under the complete card. 

The background was created using the Ink Blot stamp set using the three colours that were used to create the floral cluster. The colours in the photograph are not exact to the the colours used on the actual card - I used Pansy, Pixie and Willow. The pink and purple seem to be more on the reddish side in the photo. Nonetheless, I hope this card brightens my friend's day when she receives it :) 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Willow Cardstock
Stamps: Ink Blot, Sending Smiles (ret.)
Inks: Pansy, Willow, Pixie
Accessories: Die Cut (not CTMH), Purple Hearts Enamel and Glitter Gems, Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love splattering but always afraid to try it; but wow to use the ink blot in this way sure fooled me and for sure I will be creating a ink blot splattering card with one of the color challenges in June...love it. And I know how much work it is when you want to fill in dies with a background color...greaet job and the shimmering is another plus. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)