Tuesday, October 28, 2014

AHSC - Sketch 79 - Love and Joy to You... Card

This week's sketch gave me an opportunity to create another of my soon-to-be needed Christmas cards! And I knew when I saw it that I had to create my own background paper as well. I looked for a poinsettia stamp but couldn't find one so I decided to go with a sprig of holly instead. I initially coloured an entire leaf in with marker and realized that it was far too dark so I opted to outline the leaves with markers and use watercolour pencils to fill in the interior instead. The Yuletide Paper Pack was perfect for the background as it is a basic pattern without being overwhelming. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Yuletide Paper Pack, Ruby Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Champagne Cardstock, Gold Glitter Paper
Stamps: To You and Yours
Inks: New England Ivy Pigment Ink, Ruby Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, ShinHan Markers, Watercolour Pencils, Yuletide Assortment, Green Ribbon (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson


4 comments:

  1. This is a stunningly beautiful card, Alyson! The dimensional poinsettia atop the scalloped glitter paper is really gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration--off to pin this beauty!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love holly for the holidays, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some holly sprigs. Great Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! That poinsettia really pops - the greens and reds are just so vibrant. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)