Saturday, October 4, 2014

Creative Blogger Nomination

I am so amazed that I was chosen by a fellow consultant and amazing scrapbooker for this blog nomination. Jocelyne Roy, whose blog is located at chezjocelyne.blogspot.com is a fabulous artist and I was lucky enough to meet her at the very first CTMH Convention that I attended, way back in 2008. Be sure to check out her blog for inspiration (and she claims that I inspire her... sure..) I am amazed that I inspire anyone for that matter. 

Anyways, I have been asked to answer a number of questions - and these are not easy questions. 

1. How long does it take me to create a project? 

That is kind of a loaded question. I deal with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and since it manifests itself for me in the form of perfectionism, everything takes me much longer than normal. One layout that I submitted for Extravaganza took me four full days to complete. An average card is usually a few hours but I often agonize over the paper colour combination, the placement of pieces, embellishments and the like so not all of it is spent in the actual creative time. 



2. What am I working on right now? 

My creative place is actually completely packed up and my studio echoes at the present moment as I am moving to a new location TODAY so I have nothing on the go right now. However, my upcoming projects include many Christmas cards, regular projects for the Atlantic Hearts Design Team and I would like to work on some scrapbook layouts of my precious Mika (she's my adorable puppy who is now 15 months old - see photo below). 



3. What are my favourite things (products) to create with at the moment?

I LOVE turquoise - anything and everything turquoise! Teal glitter paper, teal shimmer trim, Glacier and Lagoon cardstock - those are probably my favourite items to work with. I also love the Fundamental Cardstock and the texture of that paper. Embellishing with ribbon is another favourite technique of mine and I love to cluster embellishments. Fabric has always been a favourite and I also enjoy sewing on layouts and cards. 


4. How do I become inspired and stay inspired? 

I read several blogs and I am very active on Pinterest as well. I collect tons of sketches and I almost always create using a sketch as my starting point. I cannot draw for the life of me and when I share with people that I almost failed grade 8 art, they think that's a joke, but it isn't! I am a horrible artist when it comes to drawing anything. Pinterest has so many wonderful ideas - and the wealth of information that can be found there is endless! When I have that creative block that all of us get at one point or another, that is where I go for my inspiration and it almost always helps me to get going again. 


Now, I get to nominate a few other bloggers who inspire ME. 

The bloggers I nominate are:
Lisa Stenz - her artwork is absolutely stunning and she is the most genuine and friendly woman that you could even want to meet! 

Wendy Coffman - she creates some of the most unique projects I have ever seen and she is so willing to share her knowledge with others! 

Gail Gross - she is an artist I just met this summer at CTMH's Convention and WOW! - is she talented! Check out her blog for awesome projects, ideas and new ways to use products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)