Monday, November 4, 2013

Masculine Birthday Card

Almost everyone I know has a hard time creating cards for the men in their lives... it seems that there are always places for flowers and ruffles but it is so much more difficult to make masculine cards. I decided to use the Huntington Paper Pack - the same one I was assigned to teach at Convention - to create this male birthday card. 

I chose to add the Sarita Textiles as well to give it a lighter colour scheme with the Autumn Terracotta as I wanted to keep it to three colours. The pattern is from the Make it From Your Heart Volume 2 book. The Slate and Barn Red are very dark colours and the Autumn Terracotta brings a nice touch to the card by adding that pop of colour. I also used a flower (who says male cards can't include flowers??) from the Flirty Collection and some Rosewood Mini Medley accents. A bit of stitching, pleating of textiles and it's done!


Supplies used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Barn Red Cardstock, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock, Whisper Cardstock
Stamps: Heartfelt Birthday Wish
Inks: Barn Red Pigment Ink, Barn Red Alcohol Marker, Orange Copic Marker (not CTMH)
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Rosewood Mini-Medley Collection, Sarita Textiles, Foam Tape, Off White Embroidery Floss (not CTMH), Stitch Guide, Flirty Accessory (ret.), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)