Monday, September 30, 2013

October SOTM Blog Hop - Scandinavian Wishes

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring October's SOTM, "Scandinavian Wishes", a set of 12 stamps. I think this is one of my favourite stamp sets in this entire Idea Book. There are SO many ways to use it and so many possibilities, both for cards and for scrapbooking! If you have come here from Elizabeth's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.

This month we have approximately 60 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

A picture of the stamp set is shown here: 


I chose to use Sarita papers to create my card as I very much like holiday cards that use non-traditional colours. I really wanted to do a window card and I used the Artbooking Cartridge to create the window itself. (this is a 5x7 card). The Sarita Textiles form the curtains that hang around the window and that was quite the task... between the top overhang, the sides and the pull-backs, there was a lot of sewing, cutting and gathering but I like the way they turned out in the end. The reindeer image is embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder and Glitter. 

Supplies Used: 
Paper: Sarita Paper Pack, Outdoor Denim Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Scandinavian Wishes
Inks: Pigment Inks: Gypsy, Lagoon, White Daisy  
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Clear Sparkles, Sarita Textiles, Pinking Shears (not CTMH), Foam Tape, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Heat Tool


Now "Hop" on over to Vicki's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the October SOTM is only available until the last day of October! Click here to see how you can get this stamp set for just $5 this month! 


Enjoy, 
Alyson

11 comments:

  1. I did not expect Arita on this hope, and you naield it- so homey feeling-love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you used the textiles with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea to see the image through a window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I chuckled at the deer outside the window! Reminds me of being at my Nana's house when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling idea with the curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!!! Glad to see you back posting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)