Sunday, January 10, 2016

Colour Dare - Thinking of You Card

This is my first time entering the Close To My Heart Colour Dare Challenge - and I did it because I love the colour scheme for this particular challenge. 
The colour combination is Glacier, Silver and White - how cool is that (literally - a cold colour scheme)? I had a definite idea in mind before I started - I knew I wanted to do a wreath but since we are past Christmas, I didn't want it to be a Christmas-based wreath - more something for a friend. 

Working with limited colours can be difficult, especially when silver is limited at times. I decided to emboss the wreath in silver and then add the leaves in Glacier and the flowers in white. The remaining parts of the card were easily done - a few embellishments in silver, the Fundamental paper in Glacier, along with some stitching using floss in a colour as close to Glacier as I could find. I decided to stamp the sentiment in Slate as it was as close to silver as possible and wasn't as stark as black. Some clear sparkles mimic silver and that finished off my card. I'm happy with the way this turned out. The photography really doesn't do it justice - it is a lot prettier in real life. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Whimsy Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Glacier)
Stamps: Say it All, Doodled Designs
Inks: Slate, Versamark
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Quilling Tool, Clear Sparkles Assortment, Silver Shimmer Trim, Silver Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Diamond Embossing Folder, Turquoise Embroidery Floss (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson





11 comments:

  1. Great Card...Love the flowers and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, what a lovely card, Alyson! I love the flowers on that wreath--so delicate and beautiful. We are so glad you decided to join us at the Color Dare this week. Please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW!!!!!!! Thank you for playing at Close to my Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one GORGEOUS card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson, thanks for joining us at Color Dare...it's your color. Beautiful card, love the hand-stitching and the flowers are beautiful. You were right using the slate gray for your stamping because I used black and it just lost all the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the textures on this card and those flowers are beautiful. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful card! Lots of detail and forethought shows. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!! I love your delicate wreath with the rolled flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is one beautiful element after another. From the stitching to the rolled flowers to the embossing...they all work together wonderfully. Thanks for taking the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I saw your win at Color Dare and felt compelled to say congrats! (I did not have the same feeling about that color combo!) Love the card. The wreath reminds me of a bird's nest, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)