Monday, May 21, 2018

H2H - Triadic Colour Combo - BOLD Colours!


Welcome to another weekly challenge at Heart 2 Heart! 

I LOVE this challenge! The challenge this week is to use a triadic colour combination. If you aren't familiar with what that means, here is the information.

A standard colour wheel is shown below. 


The word TRIAD comes from the word THREE, so that means you want THREE colours. Those colours need to be evenly spaced across the colour wheel. See the colour wheel below for an example. This colour wheel shows ONE example of a triadic colour combination. The equilateral triangle hits three colours evenly spaced on the colour wheel. 


There are really only four possible combinations that can be used. If you want to use specific Close To My Heart colours, this colour wheel shows the CTMH colours used with the standard colour wheel.



I chose to use the combination of Yellow-Orange, Blue-Green and Red-Violet. Initially, I thought that Tangerine and Raspberry would look terrible together - was I ever wrong! Its amazing how this concept really works! I originally had Lagoon as my Blue-Green choice but decided I liked Peacock better as it was darker. 


I love the way my finished card turned out - it is bold and it sure leaves an impression. That's what I like! I will definitely be turning to this idea again. I never thought that some of these colour combinations could work so well together. 

Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us the colours with which you choose to create your project. We can't wait to see what you create! 
You have until the end of May to enter this or any of the other May challenges. 

I am also entering my card in the Three Amigos challenge - May Flowers. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Documented Paper Pack, Some Kind of Wonderful Paper Pack (ret.), White Daisy Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Tangerine Cardstock
Stamps: For You Darling, Sending and Wishing (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Raspberry, Peacock
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Spellbinders Dies, Diamond Embossing Folder (ret.), White Pearls, Bashful Shimmer Brush (ret.), Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms! Love the colors and background texture! Thanks for playing along with Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on your card are bold and stand out. I wouldn't have thought they went together before I saw them. What a great idea using the colour wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)