Monday, March 5, 2018

AH 254 - Happy Wishes with Gimme Some Sugar


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts challenge! 

With so many birthdays coming up on my calendar, I really need birthday cards and it is such a great opportunity to be able to combine design team challenges and cards for occasions together! 

I decided rotate the sketch 90 degrees. I used the Gimme Some Sugar paper pack for my card - LOVE that wood grain paper for the background. Everything else was kept pretty much as the sketch shows except I kept the sentiment and the embellishments together at the bottom. I used a Stampin Up set for the flowers and coloured them using watercolour pencils and a blending pen. The Bashful background paper does have a diamond pattern on it but it is so faint that my camera barely picked it up. The sentiment was stamped on vellum using Juniper pigment ink and embossed using clear embossing powder.



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Gimme Some Sugar Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Vellum
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Sending Smiles, Amazing You (Stampin Up)
Inks: Charcoal, Juniper Pigment Ink
Accessories: Chelsea Gardens Thin Cuts (ret.), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Bashful Pearls, Watercolour Pencils, Blending Pen (ret.), Chelsea Gardens Dots and Gems (ret.), ShinHan Markers, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. Great job on your watercoloring and love how you turned the sketch to portrait...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)