Friday, October 13, 2017

CD 265 - Sending Hugs card


Love the colours this week at Colour Dare... standard neutrals, Bashful, Pomegranate and the option of Silver. Perfect mix for a card to send to a friend who really needs a pick-me-up. 

I chose to use two retired stamp sets because I love the flowers and the sentiment from each of them. The flowers were embossed with black pigment ink and heat set so I could add a bit of shading and the colour wouldn't run. They were fussy cut leaving no border. The pomegranate background is from the old fundamental cardstock that is embossed on one side. The White Daisy cardstock was embossed using the rose embossing folder and then I faux stitched around the edge of the card. I added a few old black flourish embellishments (I miss those so much!) and placed the sentiment on top of the flowers over a strip of shimmer trim. 




Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colour combination shown above. You now have TWO WEEKS to link up your project. The due date for this challenge is Thursday, October 26 at 10pm EST. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Enchantment Fundamentals (old stock - ret.)
Stamps: A Budding Friendship (ret.), Sending Love (ret.)
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Black
Accessories: Cricut Basic Shapes, Black Sparkle Flourishes (ret.), ShinHan Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Silver Shimmer Trim, Clear Sparkles, Thin Foam Tape, Piercing Tool and Mat, Rose Embossing Folder

Enjoy, 
Alyson

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, Alyson! All the textures work so well together and I really like how the flowers turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the angles with the pomegranate and the punched boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card...love everything about it...the faux stitching the position of your panels, the flowers are beautiful and what a gorgeous embossed background. Pefection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your card--the stamps, the flourish, the embossing folder, the textured paper! Thanks for inspiring me yet again with this gorgeous card!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)