Friday, September 15, 2017

Colour Dare 261 - Hidden in the Birch Trees



Welcome to another challenge at Colour Dare - and it's an interesting one! Filled with warm neutrals this week, it sure challenged me! These are definitely not my go-to colours for anyone who knows me but it made me think and I had to do some serious looking around and find a different way to approach this challenge.  

I finally decided on a blending of the three neutrals - which was not as easy as it may seem. Nutmeg is a very dark colour and bending it with anything is difficult. I masked the sun and the clouds (I inked the sun first) and then began the blending process with Almond, Toffee and Nutmeg. The deer was cut from the Artfully Sent cartridge, as were the birch tree pieces. 




Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colour scheme shown above. Be sure you use ALL and ONLY the colours shown. You have TWO weeks to link up your project. The due date for this challenge is 10pm EST on Sept. 28. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Basics Paper Pack (Almond for the birch trees), White Daisy Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Nutmeg Cardstock
Stamps: Holiday Tags (ret.)
Inks: Almond, Toffee, Nutmeg, Canary
Accessories: Artfully Sent Cartridge (ret.), Nestabilites Oval Dies (not CTMH), Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape, ShinHan Marker, Sponges

Enjoy, 
Alyson





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea, love the birch trees...we had them in our yard back East and near a woods that deer would be out on our road every morning when I went to work. Great blending and masking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous masculine card, Alyson! Your ink blending technique is wonderful. Really fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)