Friday, May 19, 2017

Colour Dare 244 - Sending Hugs card

It's an interesting colour combination this week at Colour Dare... One again, there are quite a few colours involved. The Little Dreamer paper pack has two papers that fit two of the colours - Glacier and Thistle - and I chose to use both of those in my card. 

My big issue was figuring out how to add Juniper to my card - that and Glacier just don't work together for me. However, I did add Juniper but in kind of a sneaky way. It certainly isn't obvious but I stamped the Juniper in second generation - on the white piece where the sentiment is located in the form of a cloud stamp and again on the Canary yellow piece as tiny little hearts. It is there - it just isn't terribly obvious. 

I also dug deep into my stash of supplies and found that the retired purple glitter paper happened to be a Thistle colour - that was a bonus! I chose to use some of that for a couple of the glitter hearts. 

This card will be mailed to a friend of mine who is undergoing day surgery - I am hoping that she will be feeling better pretty quickly but hopefully this will help to cheer her up a least a little bit! 



Please join us at Colour Dare and share your project using the colours shown above (ALL and ONLY - silver is optional). You have until Thursday evening at 10pm EST to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Little Dreamer Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper, Purple Glitter Paper (ret.)
Stamps: WYW Anniversary, Sending Love (ret.), Sunshine on a Cloudy Day (ret.)
Inks: Black, Juniper
Accessories: Hearts Thin Cuts, Little Dreamer Glitter Gems, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson

3 comments:

  1. You are a sneaky with that juniper color and love the assortment of the die-cut hearts...and that thistle glitter paper is one of my favorites. Cheery and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Alyson. I would have never thought to put those colours together, but they work perfect. I love the hearts too. I am sure your friend will enjoy her card and your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Alyson! I love the glittered hearts and heartfelt message. Thanks for inspiring me today.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)