Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Heritage Layout - My Father , My Mentor

Close To My Heart is having a consultant contest for heritage scrapbooking... I have some photos of my parents that I really like and they were both born and raised during the Great Depression so that's perfect for this purpose. I wish they were both still living as I miss them so very much. 

I haven only finished this layout so far but I will do the one of my mom before much longer. 

My father served in the Army for World War 2 and I love this photograph of him. I used primarily the Rustic Home Fundamental papers but did add a few other pieces here and there. I chose to place the journaling behind the photo but have photographed it separately and it is shown below the layout. 




Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Colonial White Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock, Rustic Home Fundamentals, Hello Lovely Paper Pack
Stamps: Jennifer's Hand Alphabet
Inks: Desert Sand, Whisper, Sea Glass
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, Rustic Home Ribbon Pack, Dreamin' Big Sequins, Simple Chevron Embossing Folder, Wood Slats Embossing Folder, Sanding Kit, Sponges, Stitch Guide, Piercing Tool, Embroidery Floss with Needle (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. The sea glass against the rustic home fundamental papers is stunning...and I think I see you in him. All the embellishments and your journally on the tag is perfect. Beautiful/handsome scrapbook page

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)