Thursday, September 15, 2016

Holiday Expressions New Product Blog Hop


Welcome to the Holiday Expressions New Product Blog Hop! There are SO many exciting new products in this catalog! Consultants along this blog hop have picked and chosen various products to showcase and I'm sure that you will see fabulous projects along the way. 

You should have arrived here from Priscilla Gotham's blog
If you get lost, a complete list of bloggers can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I chose to create 4 different Christmas cards for this blog hop. They all showcase new products from the Holiday Expressions catalog in some way. 

I love Christmas and I am a fan of non-traditional colours for the holidays. Thats not to say that I don't appreciate red and green but I really like the other colour palettes used for cards and decor at Christmas. 

The first card is a night scene - it's hard to see the base of the card as I photographed it on a white background (didn't realize that until after the fact...) 


The second card is very clean and simple - the sentiment is stamped inside the card. The branch from the Flower Market cartridge was welded together in Design Space until I had to size and shape I wanted. I like the bright pink cardstock colours as the background against the green branch. 


The third card is a red and green card... yes, it's Christmas after all! The dog is cut from the new digital Cricut cartridge, City Sidewalks. 


The last card is created using a stamp set called "Season of Magic" - I  really wanted to use Sea Glass but I only had the pigment ink as my regular ink pad hadn't arrived yet. It is very difficult to do two-step stamping with pigment inks... but it was done. 


Which of the 4 cards is your favourite? The products used on each card can be seen below. 

Your next stop on the blog hop is Gina Brandstetter's blog. I'm sure she has something wonderful in store for you!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Card 1:
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Lemon Cardstock
Inks: Black, Crystal Blue, Lagoon, Glacier, Pacifica
Stamps: Very Merry
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, Woodland Wishes Thin Cuts, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Bitty Sparkles, ShinHan Marker, Shimmer Brush

Card 2:
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Blossom Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock
Inks: none
Stamps: none
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Silver Sequins, Bitty Sparkles, Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Foam Tape

Card 3:
Paper: City Sidewalks Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock
Inks: Cranberry
Stamps: Very Merry
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, City Sidewalks Digital Cartridge, Bitty Sparkles, Black Sharpie Marker (not CTMH)

Card 4:
Paper: Oh Deer! Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Sea Glass Glitter Paper
Inks: Cocoa, Desert Sand, Juniper, Sea Glass Pigment Ink
Stamps: Season of Magic
Accessories: Flower Market Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Red Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Red Enamel Gems, Thin Foam Tape, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson





11 comments:

  1. I love all your cards, but my favorite one is the doggies will you send it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last card is my absolute favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! Love your Rudolph on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first and fourth cards, they are fantastic.....great work with all 4, but those are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing your multiple card projects ....the Oh Deer paper just seems to lend itself for beautiful cards for me ...so love the last 2 cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all 4 cards, especially the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I adore all of your cards and my just have to lift these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great cards. Cute: Love the silhouette scene; Fun: How much are those doggies in the Window; Pretty: Embossed CAS card; and Warmest: Stunning card and love the un-traditional colors, beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All four are beautiful cards Alyson, but my favorite is the last one with the sea glass. I love how you used different techniques in each one. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathtaking collection of cards. I've love to be on your holiday list. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)