Monday, June 27, 2016

Atlantic Hearts 166 - A Friend Like You

I decided to take some liberties with this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts... I wanted to do something other than just a cluster in the centre of the card. So, I pulled out one of my all time favourite stamp sets and added the awesome flourish along the top and side of my card. I also added a sentiment. 

This was somewhat of a test for me - it is the first time I have used the ShinHan markers to colour on vellum - and I sure learned a lot. The markers don't blend well on the vellum - they just move the colours around and it runs into each other, creating a new, mixed colour - not blended but really taking on the last marker colour. I also found out that if you colour over the white embossing, it does NOT come off - and these flowers were three of about 12 that I coloured - it is SO difficult to stay within the lines of the embossing! I also covered the final colour with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen which is what gives the flowers and leaves their gorgeous shine. The sentiment is from another of my favourite stamps - "A Friend Like You". 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Vellum Paper
Stamps: Wavy Blooms, A Friend Like You (ret.), Dreams Come True (ret.)
Inks: Cotton Candy, Pear, Versamark
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, White and Gold Ribbon, Bling Gold Glitter Gems, Foam Tape, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, ShinHan Markers, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. Even though you had some difficulty with the watercoloring and embossing on vellum, your card is gorgeous and I was the lucky recipient of this card, and it is even more beautiful in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)