Saturday, October 10, 2015

Christmas Ornament Card and some REALLY Green Leaves!

I decided to play late last night and I found some inspiring cards on Pinterest that peaked my interest that I wanted to try. 
The first is a Christmas card that is so clean and simple. I loved the idea and the fact that there are so many possibilities that can be implemented with this type of card - the Christmas ball could be created as a shaker card, it could be backed with the Fundamental Papers for a very interesting look but I chose to use Glitter Paper. I wanted the background paper to match the Glitter paper so I used Thistle cardstock and Purple Glitter Paper. I simply wanted the sentiment of Merry Christmas - that is HARD to find on stamps these days. There are all sorts of other sayings but I had to go back to a retired set called Holiday Wishes to find a reasonably sized "Merry Christmas" to add to this card. 
The original designer is Loll Thompson and you can click on her name to go to her website. 


The second card that I really loved was one with some leaves and just a simple sentiment. The original designer, Bev, did hers in a bluish-grey colour. I loved the shimmer on the leaves and I chose some leaves from the Artistry Cricut cartridge and embossed them. A simple sentiment paired with two Artesian Studs and this card came together really quickly. I rounded two corners and mounted the front on foam tape to set it off a bit from the base. 


Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Purple Glitter Paper
Stamps: Say it All, Holiday Wishes (ret.), Adornable (ret.)
Inks: Black, Versamark
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Corner Rounder, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Artesian Studs, Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.. both of them... I just couldn't do it.. for one thing I'd for sure have a smudge of some kind of ink on them...lol... I think I spend most of my time covering up my mistakes...lol! Yours are so pretty though... and no smudges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)