Monday, August 31, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 123

It is already the end of August and in my area, some of the trees are already starting to turn colour! Autumn is my favourite season of the year. I love the crisp mornings, the beautiful colours on the trees and the falling leaves. 

My card for this week's challenge reflects my love for this season. I stamped the tree using the stamp set "Always Grateful" and I used 5 colours of pigment inks. I love those inks because they stay wet long enough to allow you to do amazing things with them! I started with Sunset and covered the tree with that colour. I went back and added Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta (the last two colours are both retiring as of today), plus a bit of Pear. The trunk was inked in Cocoa and the base was done with a bit of Pear. I just used a Kleenex to push into each ink pad and then dab on top of the original colour on the tree - so easy to do and I love the final effect. 



Show us your interpretation of this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. You have until Sunday evening to link up with this week's sketch shown above. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Sunset Cardstock, Pear Fundamentals Cardstock, Sunset Fundamentals Cardstock
Stamps: Always Grateful, Botanical Backgrounds, Big Hug
Inks: All Pigment Inks - Black, Cocoa, Pear, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, Sunset
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, ShinHan Markers, Coral Reef Sequins, Black Shimmer Trim, Sparkles Black Flourishes Small, Foam Tape, Corner Rounder

Enjoy, 
Alyson




1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love autumn... don't get much of one here, but travelling to Buffalo in October and hoping to catch some color. I have that background stamp and have yet to use it...you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)