Monday, July 20, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 117

Hexagons, hexagons and more hexagons! That's what this week's sketch is all about at Atlantic Hearts. Now, you don't HAVE to use hexagons if you don't want as a sketch is only a guide, but I decided to stay true to the sketch in every way this week. 
I love the Honeycomb stamp set from Close To My Heart so I cut a bunch of mini size hexagons using my Cricut and stamped them using the various patterns from that set. Using a purple and white theme, I randomly placed the hexagons until the template was covered and then I trimmed the edges before placing it on my card. The sequins were coloured using a ShinHan marker so they would match the colour scheme. 



Show us your interpretation of this sketch at Atlantic Hearts. You have all week to create your artwork and link up. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock
Stamps: Honeycomb, Wavy Blooms
Inks: Thistle, Gypsy, Smokey Plum
Other: Artbooking Cartridge, Thistle Ribbon, Silver Sequins, ShinHan Marker (Peony Purple) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. I love purple and this card is so cute! Coloring the sequins was a brilliant touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)