Monday, March 9, 2015

H2H Challenge - Use Your Favourite CTMH Sketch!

This week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge is right up my alley! I LOVE sketches and this week's challenge is to use your favourite Close To My Heart sketch! Rather than doing a card, I thought I would create a scrapbook page BUT I had a definite photo in mind and I couldn't find a sketch that I liked so I decided to change it up a bit and use a CARD sketch for my scrapbook layout! 

My layout is below and some of the details are difficult to see in the photography. I spritzed the background with a Glacier mix and the hexagons are all embossed as well. The stitching is all done by hand. The only non-CTMH items are the embroidery floss and the sentiment which I purchased from Cricut because it fit so perfectly and I knew it would take me forever to try to weld together my own letters to try to get the same effect. 

The sketch is from the Make It From Your Heart - Volume 1 book and is shown below the layout. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Crystal Blue Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: Honeycomb
Inks: Lagoon Pigment Ink, Crystal Blue Pigment Ink, Glacier Pigment Ink
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, White Shimmer Trim, Scallop Border Punch, Paradise Baker's Twine (ret.), Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stitch Guide and Foam Mat, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Glacier Reinker, Spray Pen, Cricut Font Purchase (not CTMH), White Embroidery Floss (not CTMH), Turquoise Embroidery Floss (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson



2 comments:

  1. So clever. I like to use the 6 x 6 card sketches to make scrapbook pages as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful layout. Love how the hexagons draw your eye to the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)