Monday, May 5, 2014

Thank You Card for Special Choir Director

The Choir Director at my church is retiring at  the end of June and it will be very hard to see him leave. He has done amazing things with our choir but it is time for him and his wife to move to Nova Scotia so he can spend time with his family and his grand kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with him and I know the rest of the choir and the congregation feels the same way! 

His last day is June 29 and that is also the day after the Close To My Heart Convention, which I am attending. I was scheduled to fly home that day but since I booked my flight so long ago, I had the foresight to take out full insurance on my flight and I was lucky enough to be able to change it... I am now returning on the evening of the 28th of June - on a red-eye flight. I have never been able to sleep on a plane. I get back to Toronto at 6am on the 29th and will be home just in time to get to the Sunday service to be able to participate in his final service. Our choir is singing an amazing piece of music for him (I have loved working on it already) and there will be a farewell ceremony as well. I don't want to miss that. I will end up missing the very end of the Convention activities on the Saturday evening as I have to leave by 7pm to get to the Los Angeles airport by 10pm but I have a Nexus/GOES card so at least I can bypass customs so I don't have to be there 3 hours in advance! If all goes well, everything should work out OK. I know I will be exhausted when I get back, but that's alright... I expect it.

So, here is the card for the choir to sign. It has an entire 5x7 card inside to allow for more signing space that you cannot see. I am also working on a scrapbook for him as well. I will post that when I am finished. 
Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Jubilee Paper Pack, Cocoa Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Topiary Cardstock, Indian Corn Blue Cardstock
Stamps: For a Friend
Inks: Topiary Pigment Ink, Indian Corn Blue
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Dimensional Elements - 12x9 Awards, Topiary Mini Chevron Ribbon, Baker's Twine - Harvest Assortment, Green and Blue Epoxy Bubbles, Clear Embossing Powder (ret.), Cricut Music Notes Cartridge (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)