Friday, April 5, 2013

Still More Cards for Silent Auction

When I saw this gorgeous card on Lisa Stenz's blog, I contacted her and asked her if she would mind if I scraplifted it for the purpose of my church's Silent Auction. She was so kind to say yes and I went to work. I realized after I emailed her that she used a sticker on her card for the center component and since I was making 8 of them, I had to find another option since I didn't have 8 sets of the Stickease! I ended up using the Frame Flair stamp to give me the same type of effect that she had on the the sticker, along with the retired stamps, Baroque Alphabet and Happy Birthday to make the "B Happy" sentiment. That left me some extra room. The detailed cutting for the layers also took some extra time so this ended up being a very time intensive card in the long run. 

There are two photos - the outside and the inside of the card. The entire package consists of 8 cards in a co-ordinating, decorated box, wrapped up with ribbon. I'm happy with how they turned out but they sure ended up being a lot of work :) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart: 

Paper: Buzz and Bumble Paper Pack, Cocoa Cardstock, Creme Brulee Cardstock, Champagne Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Stamps: Frame Flair, Jardin, Baroque Alphabet (ret.), Happy Birthday (ret.) 
Inks: Cocoa, Cocoa Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Buzz and Bumble Assortment, Wooden Mini-Medley Accents Collection, Artisan Studs, Sponge Dauber, Foam Tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, Alyson! I love both the front and the inside :) ..... I think I may have to lift this if that's OK? Also pinning it to my Buzz and Bumble board!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)