Monday, July 13, 2020

H2H - Just Add Water

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 


The theme this week is "Just Add Water". That can take many forms - it can be a layout showcasing a water theme, a card with some sort of water element (watering flowers, rain boots, etc.) or it can involve a technique that uses water or something that looks like water (ex. Liquid Glass as raindrops). 

I chose to create a card using a technique I haven't used for a while. I used a piece of hard plastic (my acrylic blocks weren't large enough) to cover the entire card front. I used Sapphire and New England Ivy ink pads and randomly "stamped" in various places on the plastic. I spritzed the ink with water and flipped the plastic piece upside down (quickly). It created a neat background for my card. 

This card is based on a pattern from Make It From Your Heart Vol. 4. I used NE Ivy cardstock, a strip of the Timber patterned paper and some red shimmer trim to create the cross piece. I stamped the sentiment and the image and both were coloured and then die cut. They were backed with Sapphire cardstock and mounted using craft foam. I wrapped a piece of twine around the card and left a knot just beside the sentiment. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your projects that involve water. 
You have until the end of July to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Timber Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Watercolour Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Stamps: So Many Candles 
Inks: Sapphire, New England Ivy
Accessories: Stitched Oval Thin Cuts, Basic Oval Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Dies (GMD), Circle Dies (Spellbinders), Red Shimmer Trim, White Twine, Tri-Blend Markers, Craft Foam (not CMTH)

Enjoy,
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Love that background and technique! Wonderful card. You have inspired me to try this technique again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)