Monday, January 16, 2017

H2H - Cold Hands, Warm Heart

The theme at Heart 2 Heart this week is "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". I originally had the idea to create an outdoors scene for this challenge - that card can be seen further down. I went back afterwards and decided to change my focus for this challenge to use warm vs cool colours. 

I chose to use one of the papers from the Sugar Rush paper pack plus one of the PML cards within the same pack for some of the die cuts. The Sea Glass plus the Tangerine make a terrific warm and cool colour combination. 



The card I originally planned for this challenge is a little further down... here are the details for that one.

I am a canoe tripper at heart and have done a lot of it in the past. For this card, the fire took an enormous amount of time to do. The image is from a Cricut cut (not from a CTMH cartridge, unfortunately). I wanted two colours as part of the fire but cutting out the inside colour was a very difficult task as it didn't cut like that. The fire cut as a single colour... Much tracing and fussy cutting later, I had what I wanted. The logs were hand embossed from the back and sanded on the front for dimension. 

Waking up on a cold morning, the first priority is to get a fire going and to boil a pot of water to get a hot beverage prepared. Whether you prefer coffee, tea or something else, when there is snow on the ground, ANYTHING hot will do! 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your interpretation of "Cold Hands, Warm Heart". You have the entire month of January to enter this or any of the January challenges. Be sure to use at least some Close To My Heart products in you project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Sugar Rush Paper Pack, Tangerine Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock, Sea Glass Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock, Goldrush Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Sea Glass Glitter Paper
Stamps: Handwritten Print Alphabet, Balloon Wishes
Inks: Cocoa, Tangerine
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Flower Market Cartridge, Cricut Image (not CTMH), , Hearts Thin Cuts, Bling Gems (ret.), Clear Sparkles, ShinHan Markers, Black Journaling Pen, Piercing Tool with Stylus, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I thought your fire card was very clever and imagined myself at a camp fire warming from the cool evening air. I wondered why you changed your card in our posting, and it wasn't until I read your blog that this was clever and creative on the theme of the challenge and very pretty. Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)